Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Four and twenty blackbirds ...

...baked in a pie.

I've started putting a rough animatic together from all the thumbnail boards I've made. It's like sculpting clay at this stage, seeing what takes form. I love this part of the process. It's messy, it's unforgiving, it's a glimpse of my goal. I have afforded myself the luxury of getting to a first cut of the animatic by the end of this week and then taking a break from it (the break being the luxury part ... I have a week off next week for good behaviour).

There's more design work to be done (nothing is final till it's in the shot), so I'll be doing that while I procrastinate.

H
ere's an early concept illustration. I initially saw these capes like little kites flitting through the trees...



Grimmwood and all production work is © 2006, Ian Culbard, All rights Reserved.

No comments: